Firm: Cairncross & Hempelmann, P.S.
Location: Anchorage - AK
524 Second Avenue, Ste 500
Seattle, Washington 98104
- Tel : (206) 587-0700
- Fax : 206.587.2308
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Binah is an integral member of CH&’s Litigation and Bankruptcy Groups. Her practice involves representing clients in bankruptcy proceedings, complex business disputes, condemnation, real estate and general commercial litigation. Binah advises her clients through the mediation, trial, and appeal process in both state and federal courts. As an efficient and effective advocate for her clients, Binah delivers practical solutions and works diligently to resolve complex disputes in a focused manner. Binah has represented creditors, lenders, trustees, and participants in all manner of bankruptcy proceedings including Chapter 7, 11, 13, and Subchapter V proceedings, as well as receiverships. Binah leverages her bankruptcy and creditor’s rights experience to proactively counsel her clients, mitigate risk, and prevent issues that might arise post-judgment, including in bankruptcy and enforcement.
Binah stays active in the community through her continuing pro bono and volunteer endeavors and is a recipient of the King County Bar Association Outstanding Young Lawyer Award. She currently serves as the Chair of the Mackrell International Next Generation Group.
- Successfully defended and obtained judgment in favor of client following trial in cannabis-related lease dispute.
- Successfully resolved dispute pending in superior court between secured lender and borrower relating to loan and collateral enforcement.
- Successfully resolved dispute between purchaser and seller relating to representations and warranties relating to asset purchase agreement.
- Obtained judgment in favor of client following four-day bench trial in complex fraudulent transfer action.
- Obtained judgment in favor of commercial lending client following two-day bench trial in discharge and fraudulent representations action.
- Successfully resolved dispute pending in federal district court between agricultural products manufacturer and distributor relating to manufacturer and distributor agreement.
Honors & Recognition
- Exclusive Featured Attorney for Anchorage, AK Premier Bankruptcy Lawyers (2022)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® on the Ones to Watch List in Commercial Litigation (2021)
- Named on the Washington Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers® Magazine (2018-2021)
- Recognized as one of the “Top Women Attorneys in Washington” by Seattle Met Magazine
- King County Bar Association “Outstanding Young Lawyer” Award (2014)
- Washington State Bar Association Pro Bono Recognition (2012-2015)
- American Bankruptcy Institute “Medal of Excellence” Award (2011)
- Lewis and Clark Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2011)
- American Bankruptcy Institute Medal of Excellence Recipient
- Cornelius Honor Society, Member
- University of British Columbia (B.A., Anthropology, 2008)
- US District Court for the District of Alaska
- US Bankruptcy Court for the District of Alaska
- US District Court, Western District of Washington
- US District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- US Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Washington
- US Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Washington
- US District Court for the District of Oregon
- US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- US Bankruptcy Appellate Panel, Ninth Circuit
Cairncross & Hempelmann, P.S.
Cairncross & Hempelmann’s Bankruptcy & Creditors’ Rights practice stands apart as a recognized leader in the Pacific Northwest. Our team is renowned for its experience, expertise, and ability not only to react deftly to financial urgencies but also to prepare clients to avoid them altogether. Additionally, as part of a full-service law firm, we are able to assemble integrated, project-specific teams tapping into deep experience from other practice groups.
We represent creditors, including financial institutions, landlords, pension funds, small to mid-sized private lenders, as well as commercial debtors, creditors’ committees, receivers, strategic buyers, and other companies and their owners from a wide range of industry groups.