Firm: GELLERT, SCALI, BUSENKELL & BROWN, LLC
Location: Philadelphia - PA
8 Penn Center
1628 John F. Kennedy Boulevard Suite 1901
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103
- Tel : 215.238.0012
- Fax : 215.238.0016
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Holly S. Miller is an attorney in the firm’s Philadelphia office. Holly concentrates her practice in the areas of commercial bankruptcy and commercial litigation. Holly represents Chapter 7 Panel Trustees in the United States Bankruptcy Court in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and represents Chapter 7 and 11 debtors and financial institutions and judgment creditors in Chapter 7, 11 and 13 matters in the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania and the District of New Jersey.
Holly serves as a Subchapter V Trustee in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania in Chapter 11 cases filed under the Small Business Reorganization Act of 2019 (SBRA).
After completing law school, Holly served as a law clerk to the Honorable Jeffrey L. Finley in the Bucks County Court of Common Pleas. Prior to entering private practice, Holly served as an Assistant District Attorney at the Bucks County District Attorney’s Office where she was assigned to the Special Victims Unit, tried cases to verdict before both judge and jury and prosecuted appeals before both the Pennsylvania Superior and Supreme Courts.
Holly was recognized as a Super Lawyers® Rising Star in 2015 and 2016; a designation only given to the top 2.5% of attorneys working in the Commonwealth who are 40 years old or younger or have been practicing for less than 10 years.
- B.A., Pennsylvania State University, 2000
- M.A., Arcadia University, 2003
- J.D., Widener University School of Law 2006; Editor-in-Chief, Widener Law Review, 2005-2006; Outstanding Service Award, 2006
- New Jersey
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Middle District of Pennsylvania
- District of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Small Business Reorganization Act of 2019, Eastern District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Conference, November 2019
- Avoidance Actions, 2019 Bankruptcy Institute, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, September 2019
- Professional Compensation and Objections Thereto. Study of Relevant Cases and How to Avoid Pitfalls and Maximize Compensation, National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees (NABT), August 2019
- Valuing Antiques and Collectibles, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, March 2019
- Trademark License Rejection in Bankruptcy, Eastern District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Conference, November 2018
- Social Media Evidence, National Business Institute, November 2018
- 363 Sales and Other Chapter 11 Plan Alternatives, 2018 Bankruptcy Institute, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, October 2018
- Recent Developments in Automatic Stay Litigation, Eastern District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Conference, November 2017
GELLERT, SCALI, BUSENKELL & BROWN, LLC
Gellert Scali Busenkell & Brown, LLC is a boutique commercial law firm located in both Wilmington, Delaware and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, serving the needs of clients in Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Maryland. Comprised of former partners previously with larger law firms, GSB&B attorneys use their extensive collective experience in a wide variety of commercial matters to efficiently serve existing and new clients in a cost effective manner. GSB&B is dedicated to achieving creative, collaborative, and business-oriented legal solutions. The wide ranging practice areas and aggregate experience of the firm’s attorneys allows GSB&B to provide a comprehensive solution for your legal needs.
The boutique model allows GSB&B to provide flexible fee structures and reflects an intentional effort to minimize the sizeable overhead found at many larger law firms. Additionally, the boutique format fosters a conflict free atmosphere and will allow GSB&B to assist larger firms with their conflict matters without fear of “client poaching.”
Gellert Scali Busenkell & Brown, LLC has extensive experience in bankruptcy matters that enables the firm to service its clients’ needs in the Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Maryland region as well as throughout the nation.
GSB&B represents debtors, creditors’ committees, liquidation trustees, creditors (both secured and unsecured), lenders, landlords, insurers, municipalities, asset purchasers, employee groups, and a variety of other participants in the bankruptcy/state court /out of court workout process.
GSB&B has comprehensive litigation experience in bankruptcy adversary proceedings, having represented thousands of plaintiffs and defendants in avoidance actions, serving as mediators for the court mandated mediation process and handling bankruptcy appellate matters all the way up to the Supreme Court of the United States.
GSB&B’s vast knowledge and experience in bankruptcy matters allows its attorneys to recommend and implement efficient and creative strategies for its clients’ needs.