Firm: Jones Walker LLP.
Location: New Orleans - LA
201 St. Charles Ave
New Orleans, LA 70170-5100
- Tel : 504.582.8194
- Fax : 504.589.8194
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Pat Vance is a partner in and leader of the Litigation Practice Group. He focuses on creditor’s rights litigation, bankruptcy, business and litigation.
Pat has the distinction of being one of the few lawyers who is both a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and a Fellow of the American College of Bankruptcy. He is also a Life Member of the American Law Institute and a member of the National Bankruptcy Conference.
As a trial attorney, Pat has handled more than 300 commercial disputes in a wide variety of practice areas, including antitrust, Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act, copyright infringement, Lanham Act, securities litigation, class action defense, foreclosures, fraud, lender liability, banking litigation, Employee Retirement Income Security Act, dealer-distributor disputes, successions, director and officer of liability, legal malpractice, expropriation, contract interpretation, partnership, utility regulation, tax, and general commercial disputes. He has more than 70 reported decisions.
Pat regularly represents secured and unsecured creditors in all types of business bankruptcy cases. He has been retained by scores of banks, telecommunications companies, international manufacturers, utilities, healthcare providers, maritime, oil and gas-related industries, the music industry, casinos, and insurance companies.
He has also represented and served as a trustee and counsel to creditors’ committees in numerous cases. As trustee and as attorney for debtors and trustees, Pat has represented real estate developers, hotels, casinos, partnerships, construction companies, health spas, maritime clients, oil and gas-related industries, a tree farm, a gravel pit, and the largest alligator farm in North America. He led the representation of a New Orleans-based utility company in a post-Hurricane Katrina Chapter 11 case.
- Premier Bankruptcy Lawyers Exclusive Featured Attorney for New Orleans (2019 – 2021)
- Who’s Who Legal: Restructuring & Insolvency (listed annually since 2000)
- Benchmark Litigation, Local Litigation Star (2012-2020)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Banking and Finance, and Litigation – Bankruptcy (listed annually since 1993)
- Best Lawyers‘®,“Lawyer of the Year,” New Orleans Litigation – Bankruptcy (2015); “Lawyer of the Year,” New Orleans Litigation – Banking & Finance (2013 and 2019)
- Chambers USA, Bankruptcy/Restructuring and Litigation: General Commercial (listed annually since 2006)
- Louisiana Super Lawyers, Bankruptcy: Business; Top 10 attorneys statewide (listed annually since 2007)
- New Orleans CityBusiness‘, Leadership in Law (2008)
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating in Martindale-Hubbell
- Euromoney’s Guide to World’s Leading Insolvency Lawyers (listed annually since 1997)
- The only Louisiana attorney listed in the International Who’s Who of Insolvency and Restructuring Lawyers
- Recognized as a 2018 Top Lawyer by New Orleans Magazine
Jones Walker’s Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Creditors’-Debtors’ Rights Practice
To maintain balance in a rapidly shifting economic, legislative and regulatory landscape, debtors, creditors, lenders and other parties need sophisticated, seasoned legal counsel.
With offices across the southeastern United States and in select cities nationwide, Jones Walker focuses on the needs of regional clients while providing effective representation in courts in key jurisdictions. Members of the team are admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court, numerous U.S. courts of appeal, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, and the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware (where more than one third of all bankruptcy cases are filed), as well as federal and state courts across the Gulf Coast.
We have represented clients with interests, operations, and investments in a number of key economic sectors, including energy, financial services, hospitality, maritime, utilities, and real estate. We regularly counsel clients in Chapter 11 and other forms of bankruptcy, adversary proceedings, forbearances, judicial and non-judicial foreclosures, loan modifications and reviews, special liens, and consumer-related litigation. A number of our partners have been named among the top bankruptcy lawyers and litigators by publications such as Benchmark Litigation, The Best Lawyers in America, and Chambers USA, as well as by Euromoney, Martindale-Hubbell, and Super Lawyers.
At Jones Walker, we are committed to delivering the highest-quality counsel possible while meeting the legal budgets of our clients. Engagements are staffed appropriately, communications are delivered in a timely, clear manner, and we strive to work cooperatively with client staff and other inside and outside counsel.
We regularly represent the following:
- Secured and unsecured creditors
- Creditor committees
- Lessors and lessees
- Pre-petition and debtor-in-possession lenders