Firm: Crowe & Dunlevy
Location: Dallas - TX
2525 McKinnon Street, Suite 425
Dallas, TX 75201
- Tel : 214-420-2142
- Fax : 214.736.1747
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Vickie Driver is a director in the firm’s Dallas office and is a member of the Bankruptcy & Creditor’s Rights, Corporate & Securities, Healthcare and Indian Law & Gaming Practice Groups. Her practice concentrates on bankruptcy and insolvency matters, distressed asset transactions, Chapter 11 reorganization proceedings and Native American economic development. Vickie leverages her bankruptcy experience to create innovative solutions for businesses including cases involving complex capital structures with multiple intercreditor issues and has successfully represented restaurants, healthcare facilities and Native American Nations in several Chapter 11 reorganization and liquidation matters.
Active in the bankruptcy industry, Vickie is a board member of the International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation, co-founder and inaugural president of the DFW Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers and former chair of the Dallas Bar Association’s Bankruptcy Section. She is a frequent speaker and author on bankruptcy issues and has been recognized as a top rated bankruptcy attorney by Super Lawyers since 2014.
Vickie received her Juris Doctor from Baylor Law School, where she was a Dean’s List scholarship recipient. During law school she was a member of the Order of the Barristers and participated in the Baylor Law Review.
Aside from her work at the firm, Vickie is a volunteer general counsel for the Legacy Humane Society, a nonprofit animal rescue organization that provides a network of foster homes for abandoned and neglected dogs and cats.
Awards & Accolades
- Exclusive Featured Attorney for Dallas – Premier Bankruptcy Lawyers (2022)
- Ranked in Super Lawyers
- Texas Rising Star (2007-2008, 2010 – 2014)
- Bankruptcy, Creditor Debtor Rights (2014 – Present)
- D Magazine, Best Lawyers in Dallas (2017)
- Speaker, “Legal and Financial Issues in Healthcare Restructurings,” American Bar Association Health Law Section, Emerging Issues in Healthcare Law, Orlando, Florida, March 14, 2019
- Panelist, TMA-DFW Chapter, Restaurant Restructurings Panel, October 2018
- Moderator, “Health Care,” 33rd Annual Bankruptcy & Restructuring Conference, June 2017
- Co-author and Panelist, “Pre-Bankruptcy Planning and Pitfalls,” 30th Annual Jay L. Westbrook Bankruptcy Conference, Austin, Texas, November 16, 2017
- Co-author and Co-speaker, “Structured Dismissals: Least Worst Option?” Dallas Bar Association, Bankruptcy & Commercial Law Section, Dallas, Texas, November 5, 2014
- Author and Speaker, “Emerging Issues in Bankruptcy Litigation: Fraudulent Transfer and Preferences,” 30th Annual Jay L. Westbrook Bankruptcy Conference, Austin, Texas, November 17-18, 2011
- Co-author and Panelist, “New Releases and Blockbusters: A Discussion of the Latest Cases in Consumer and Business Bankruptcies,” 2010 Northern District of Texas Bankruptcy Bench/Bar Conference, Dallas, Texas, May 14, 2010
- Baylor School of Law
Order of Barristers
- Baylor University
B.A., Law, concentration in psychology
- Texas, 2000
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
Professional Associations & Memberships
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation, Board Member (2019)
- DFW Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers, Co-founder and Inaugural President
- Jay L. Westbrook Bankruptcy Conference, Planning Committee Member (2016-2019)
- Dallas Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section, Chair (2007)
Crowe & Dunlevy
For more than a century, Crowe & Dunlevy has provided comprehensive legal services to clients ranging from individuals to Fortune 500 companies across the nation and the world. With offices in Oklahoma City, Tulsa and Dallas, the firm offers counsel in nearly 30 practice areas. Our clients benefit from high quality, efficient solutions at reasonable costs and enjoy access to attorneys with in-depth experience who provide a comprehensive approach to their legal needs.
Our bankruptcy and creditor’s rights attorneys represent both debtors and creditors in workouts, receiverships, prepackaged bankruptcies and traditional bankruptcy proceedings. The firm’s bankruptcy services include:
- Representation of debtors-in-possession and creditors in Chapter 11 reorganization proceedings
- Representation of rural hospitals, water districts and other municipalities in Chapter 9 reorganization proceedings
- Representation of agricultural debtor and creditors in Chapter 12 farm reorganization proceedings
- Representation of creditors both within and outside of the bankruptcy context
- Representation of all parties in non-bankruptcy insolvency matters including receiverships
- Representation of Trustees and Receivers in all aspects of their appointments
- Representation of court appointed committees authorized under the Bankruptcy Code in Chapter 11 proceedings
Our attorneys have extensive experience in the negotiation and preparation of instruments in financially distressed situations including letters of credit, inter-creditor agreements, debtor-in-possession financing agreements, loan modification agreements, workout agreements, negotiable instruments, collateral liquidation agreements, investor notes, sale leaseback agreements and factoring agreements.
In addition, our attorneys have experience representing purchasers and structuring transactions for the purchase of distressed businesses and assets in Chapter 11 cases. Our attorneys are particularly knowledgeable in the representation of Chapter 11 debtors from the energy, healthcare, retail and agribusiness industries.